Sale Scoop

Friday, September 5, 2008

Miranda's 1st Day of Preschool

Today was the day Miranda has been waiting for... her first day back at Preschool. This year Miranda is attending the same preschool that Jenna went to last year. She has been pretty excited about it for a long time and she has been telling me that she isn't going to cry for me because she is a big girl now. Even though she is very familiar with the school and the teachers since she was with me when we would drop off and pick up Jenna last year, I was still worried that she would get shy this morning and not want me to leave. We dropped Jenna off at school at 8:15 this morning and Miranda's class doesn't start until 9 so we had a little time to kill. Miranda kept asking, "Is it time for my school yet?". Finally her time came and she was all smiles walking into the building and down the hallway to her class. We put her school bag in her cubby and then went into her class and said "Hi" to Miss Lacey, her teacher. Miranda knew that the classrooms all have a lot of baby dolls to play with so she headed right to them and started feeding one a bottle. I signed her into class and told her that it was about time for me to leave. She asked me to stay and play with her and I told her that I couldn't stay, but I would be back very soon to pick her up. She said "Okay Mommy" and with that I was able to kiss her good-bye, tell her I loved her and she was on her own. They have a little window into the classroom that I peaked at her through and she was as happy as can be and waved good-bye to me again. What a big girl she has become!! I am so proud of her! Her class was over at 12 and I got there a few minutes early and I was able to see them walk out to play on the playground. She looked so cute with her classmates and I heard her say, "Yeah playground" and then she took off running to ride a tricycle. Miss Lacey said she had a great day. Miranda is already looking forward to Monday since she gets to go back to school again.




1 Comments:

Blogger Vikki a.k.a "V" said...

Ugh, your killing me! I wanted to start crying as soon as I read the post headline. Another big girl!!!! Play hard Miss Miranda and have lots of fun. Miss you all XOXOX.
Love,
Vikki and Mark
PS-I am using Marks computer, hence the comments from him. V.

September 6, 2008 at 7:39:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home